Send Money to Friends and Family
Popmoney® is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Popmoney allows you to send and receive money as easily as you send and receive email and text messages. Best of all, you don’t need a separate account. Just use your current checking or savings account.
With Popmoney, you can send and receive money using our bank’s Bill Pay site. It’s just that easy!
How it Works
- To send money, log in to your account by accessing our bank’s Bill Pay site and look for Popmoney.
- Send money using the recipient’s name and email address, mobile number or checking/savings account information. You can even make it special by using one of our eGreetings.
- You will be notified when the transaction is completed.
- If your recipient’s financial institution is part of the Popmoney network, they can complete the transaction from their own financial institution’s online banking site. If not, they can go to Popmoney.com to pick up the funds and direct the funds to their bank account.
- You will receive an email or text message telling you someone sent you money.
- Log in to our bank’s Bill Pay site and direct the funds to your bank account.
- Money sent to a specified bank account will be automatically deposited there.
How will the recipient know I sent money using Popmoney?
The recipient will receive a payment notification either by email or a text message depending on how you chose to send the money.
- Email address. The recipient will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into their checking or savings account.
- Mobile number. The recipient will receive a text message with instructions on how to direct the payment into their checking or savings account. If the recipient doesn’t act in three days, they will receive a text message reminder to act on the payment notification. Message and Data charges from your telecommunications provider may apply.
- Bank account information (routing and account number). The money will be deposited into the recipient’s bank account. You may choose to notify the recipient by sending an email message.
When will the funds be available in the recipient’s account?
Funds may be available in the recipient’s checking or savings account as early as one business day from the date they accept the funds. The recipient will receive a confirmation email with the date the funds will be in their account.
What type of accounts can I use to send the payment to?
Payment can be directed to a checking, savings or money market account held at a U.S. financial institution.
Do payments expire?
Yes. If the funds have not been accepted after 10 days, the payment expires and the funds are returned to the sender.
Is the Popmoney service secure?
Yes. Popmoney was created with your financial security in mind. Popmoney is built on the industry’s leading online money movement platform and utilizes superior risk management and fraud protection services. This is the same online money movement platform used by thousands of financial institutions, including many of the nation’s top banks.
What are the Cut-Off Times?
Popmoney cut-off time is 9 p.m. CST for all payments processing as next day and 12 p.m. for all payments processing as three-business days.
Who do I contact if I have a question regarding Bill Pay Popmoney?
Bill Pay Customer Service can be reached at (855) 744-4730 between the hours of 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. CST, 7 days a week.
Fees and limits may apply. Must be 18 years of age or older to have Bill Pay.
Product descriptions contained herein do not take the place of required disclosures under federal and state regulations. Please contact us for disclosures appropriate to these accounts.